Friday, February 21, 2014

Bookmarks List/Bedside Table

Currently reading and enjoying:
  • This poem, "Dear Amy Nehzooukammyatootill," by Aimee Nezhukumatathil (a terrific found poem made from emails the poet received from high school students!). I love how it highlights the intriguingly strange and unintentionally funny language of the emails, but isn't at all snide/condescending).
  • Praying Drunk, by Kyle Minor (from Sarabande Books). It is so, so good. More on this later.
  •  This very charming article and project, "Twitter by Post," by Giles Turnbull. Turnbull recreated Twitter through snail mail....what a great and fun idea! It's interesting--I've always loved mail and have enjoyed making an event of it (in college I'd go to the post office almost every day to check my P.O. Box or send something out....I remember my friends and I asking each other, "Shall we go to the post?"). I hadn't really thought about the connection between social media and mail before....it's an intriguing one!


And you, friends?



Also...next week, I shall be in Seattle for AWP14. I'm especially excited about hosting this event (also featuring Nick Courtright, Leah Umansky, Luisa Igloria, and Justin Runge---woohoo!). I shall report back, and will likely see some of you there!

1 comment

The Storialist. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.