Monday, September 14, 2009

Monday, September 14, 2009: Quoted from Robin F. Williams-BOOOOOOOM!

Survivor from the party,
The Mylar balloon droops

Slightly below eye level.
I bat it between my hands

With moderate force,
More than you would think

Would be required to juggle
Air encased in metalized film.

I palm it like a basketball
And press the sides together

Until the silver strains,
An inflatable mirror.

Who thought to decorate
With compressed air,

Cupped in balloons, whispers
Under curled hands, into ears.

1 comment

  1. Sometimes it takes poetry to examine images and life as we sometimes accidentally examine words. Just the other night, my girlfriend voiced with amazement that titanic literally means like a titan, the Greek gods.

    That's what I think a poem like this does, in examining something so simple as a mylar balloon.

    ReplyDelete

The Storialist. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.