Monday, September 22, 2008

Monday, September 22, 2008: On the Street....Apple, Milano

The apple is the least sensual of all fruit:
presented to teachers,
yanked off a branch,
sliced and piled beneath pastry dough.
Wholesome. Functional.
Not a temptation, but perhaps a reminder
of vulnerability.

I marvelled at the way you peeled the apple,
the glossy red skin spiralling from the fruit
without tearing,
its colour and sheen reduced to pallor.
I asked about the soft brown spot.
A bruise, you said.

3 comments

  1. this was so lovely. it made me take a second and then a third look at the photograph which provided the inspiration.

    i loved this.

    this is clearly one of the most original weblogs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. At the risk of sounding weird/icky, I'm going to say that this one was lovely in a sensual way.

    I hope you understand what I mean.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both...I read both of your blogs consistently because you are both so articulate and have new things to say.

    enc...not weird or icky at all!

    ReplyDelete

The Storialist. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.